IR Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul hodge

Is there any standard that is used that as to how often a commerical office building should be IR? How many years between each IR ?

zog

Is there any standard that is used that as to how often a commerical office building should be IR? How many years between each IR ?

NFPA 70B is one, ANSI/NETA MTS is another. Your insurance company may have it's own requirements. Free download here https://netforum.avectra.com/eWeb/s...&prd_key=6095b6f6-0bd3-4979-9536-52491673e76c

I also recommend you get certified thermographers, there are a lot of guys who own a cheapo IR camera and have no idea how to use it, there is a lot more to IR scanning than taking pictures.

zog

What do you mean by "certified"? Is this something through NETA? Or more like a resume of experience?

Not through NETA, there are 3 levels of IR certification that anyone can achieve. Many larger companies require proof of certification for contractors that provide IR scanning services. IR surveys are much more complex than most people think they are. Here is one place that offers certification courses, I think iwire went through these recently, he can tell you more about them than I can.

http://www.infraredtraining.com/certification/levels.asp

mtfallsmikey

Zog is correct there. The EC we use had gotten certified just before we had the IR scan done here. I got to try out their $$$ Flir camera too. Our company standard is 5 yrs, although some are pushing to have it done annually.

brian john

I have technicians certified to different levels from Level I-III, many of our customers do anual IR scans, most try for a 3 year cycle.

Obviously we prefer annual and we see differences from year to year.

In addition many customers that do IR , never do the repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.