Toastmaster Convection Oven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
I received a call about a Toastmaster Convection oven shocking to the touch. The customer said he was told by the appliance people to contact an electrician.
I am surprised by the suggestion by the appliance people since I would assume there is a problem with the cord.

Any ideas of possible problems other than they appliance cord?

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
three phase square d breaker

three phase square d breaker

I could not find the problem creating the shock but found the convection oven was not working because one phase of the three phase Square D breaker was not working. Attached are a couple of photos. Can someone help me identify this type of breaker? It is a three phase 100 AMP breaker. It is much wider than the other breakers. It is the last breaker in the bottom of the photo on the left side.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0

kwired

Electron manager
Maybe the toaster is fine and has a good ground but something else is source of voltage and they happen to touch the toaster to complete a circuit through body.

You need to measure to other objects within reach that could become energized.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I received a call about a Toastmaster Convection oven shocking to the touch. The customer said he was told by the appliance people to contact an electrician.
I am surprised by the suggestion by the appliance people since I would assume there is a problem with the cord.

Any ideas of possible problems other than they appliance cord?

They probably just do not want to deal with the problem as it is likely to be something wrong other than their unit. better not to get involved. it could be all kinds of things. someone has to go there and do some investigating. they have probably learned from experience that it is hard to get paid for this kind of thing so it is better for a third party to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.