K.O. Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
I'm in the midst of designing a control panel and wanted some opinions.

I need to have a 1" KO for a communications cable to pass through. The way I've laid it out, I have a pair of 1/2" KOs on both sides of a 1" KO. Anyone have opinions about how much clearance is needed between the 1/2" and 1" KOs for turning a wrench? I think that most of the time the 1" KO will be filled with a plastic grommet, so I'm not worried about clearance for tightening EMT fittings, but I'd like to make sure I'm leaving space enough in the event the panel isn't installed as I expect. The area I've reserved for these three KOs is 6" wide by 4 1/2" deep.

tallgirl

Occupation
:lol::p

I stumbled on to that site a while ago and use it fairly often.

Yeah, I stumbled on =this= site about 6 years ago and use it fairly often now as well ;)

Who'd a thunk Julie would be working with real electrical contractors on real projects way back then? Boggles the mind, I tell you.

tallgirl

Occupation
Heh. Scary is climbing a turbine tower in a wind storm.

I should have CAD drawings for my new box tonight or tomorrow, then off to the sheet metal peeps for fabrication!!! :D

The first prototype came back Just Fine -- screw on cover rather than hinged. I'm off to see the company that's going to be making these in bulk a bit later on this morning and I hope to have something I can show y'all.

They have a set of dual K.O. stampy-things -- they can do two different sizes in one location.

The panel was re-organized and I need to redraw the new K.O. locations, but now that I know what I'm doing I should be able to finish it over a pot of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.