two services to the same building for fire pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsherwood

Law Library has a transformer vault connected to the buildings southeast corner. Feeds distribution in south east electrical room. Contractor is installing a fire pump in the north mechanical room. Basement in both cases. They are getting the service for the fire pump from the transformer vault of an adjacent building. I want this to NOT be legal by code but, seems it is okay? I just would much rather the service came from the same building vault. Any thoughts?? thanks!

bobsherwood

Transformers are owned by the university. I can see where it might be a good idea... fire in law library will not affect the other buildings vault keeping electric to fire pump but, vaults are both outside the structures. Connected by conduit only. I just like knowing, " it's in this building, it's fed from this vault..
Oh well.. thanks guys~

kwired

Electron manager
Transformers are owned by the university. I can see where it might be a good idea... fire in law library will not affect the other buildings vault keeping electric to fire pump but, vaults are both outside the structures. Connected by conduit only. I just like knowing, " it's in this building, it's fed from this vault..
Oh well.. thanks guys~

Nothing a sign on the Fire pump equipment can't take care of. And if you have one line diagrams of the campus distribution it should be shown on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.