NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked to install a 16 Circuit, 100 Amp, 120\240 Volt, Sub Panel (interior) in a 16' X 14' Art Studio that has been built in his back yard. The owner is planning on installing a sink on the same wall, and within 3' of the desired sub panel location. Does this violate any NEC rules?

raider1

Staff member
Not as long as the required working space for the panel is provided.

Contrary to the common myth there is no distance that an electrical panel must be kept from a sink.

Chris

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
What is being said means the panel does not need to centered in that required workspace.
Hope that helps

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I agree with Chris, the sink could be right next to the panel without being a violation due to it's proximity.

Sink

Sink

Thanks guys. There will be the proper working clearnce for the 100 Amp electrical sub-panel. I was told by two different "Journeyman" electricians that an electrical distribution panel may not be located next to a sink. They seem to confuse the GFCI rules for receptacles as the same for a distribution panel. I can't tell you why.

iMuse97

Thanks guys. There will be the proper working clearnce for the 100 Amp electrical sub-panel. I was told by two different "Journeyman" electricians that an electrical distribution panel may not be located next to a sink. They seem to confuse the GFCI rules for receptacles as the same for a distribution panel. I can't tell you why.

I can: they must know some JIWs that who wash one of their hands while working in the panel with the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.