Fire alarm testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

newinspector1

This question if for anyone familiar with fire alarms. According to NFPA 72 a record of completion must be submitted. I have recieved the NFPA 72 testing and inspection sheet but not the ROC, the fire alarm company says they are not familiar with a ROC. I say that the NFPA requires it and the specs call for it also. Are you guys familiar with this? Thanks

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
This question if for anyone familiar with fire alarms. According to NFPA 72 a record of completion must be submitted. I have recieved the NFPA 72 testing and inspection sheet but not the ROC, the fire alarm company says they are not familiar with a ROC. I say that the NFPA requires it and the specs call for it also. Are you guys familiar with this? Thanks

I found this.

http://www.nfpa.org/assets/files/PDF/CodesStandards/02RecCompForm.pdf
It is dated 2002 so I would say it has been revised since then.

nhfire77

I hadnt heard of someone not know about it, until now. If they are truely competent they would have used one before. Make sure you were talking to their new guy, not that it excuses it.

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
Sometimes

Sometimes

these can be found included with the panel's installation instruction manual.

well, newinspector1, here is a line you can use. I heard this spoken to a GC once (I was sub to the EC on the job). "Here is your punch list. You'll probably be able to read it in one sitting."

Last edited:

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

See here for MS Word versions of both documents for the 2010 edition, and here for the 2007 MS Word documents. The 2002 and 1999 documents are available only as PDF's. Nothing is at the NFPA website for any earlier editions.

With the Word documents available, there's precious little excuse for anyone not to fill out everything.

skeshesh

I hadnt heard of someone not know about it, until now. If they are truely competent they would have used one before. Make sure you were talking to their new guy, not that it excuses it.

Agreed. If they claim to have done proper FA work in the past is it really possible for them not to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.