Underground fuel tank for generator and boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Does anyone know...what is restriction/code requirement for under-ground fuel tank? How far should it be from building exterior wall, street or combustion material/other objects? (commercial building)

hpe1087

Although this may seem like a vague answer, it probably is the best one given the lack of information regarding the specific site and building layout.

Check with your local building department and they will offer you guidelines given the type of building, use of faciltiy, site requirements, and underground utilities.

Whenever I was involved in the design of such installations, I would always start with the building department first. :thumbsup:

kwired

Electron manager
That would be a fuel and gas code issue along with any local rules. Could be environmental quality regulations involved as well. Also involved my be type of tank, type of monitoring of the tank, as well as type of fuel.

WIMaster

I would tend to agree with Brian John on this.
Who installs the UG tanks for the gas stations in your area? They should have a better idea of all of the codes and proper liability ins. for this,

Status
Not open for further replies.