Hunter Ceiling Fan Speed Control Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for recent Hunter ceiling fans including the pull chain speed control switch. Hunter doesn't sell the switch any longer, but will instead sell the entire switch housing containing the switch, capacitor, etc. for $$. The generic switches from the local stores don't work.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I tried that and had nothing but trouble. The HO insisted on trying to fix it. I called Hunter and they made me wait 15-20 minutes and I had to call 2 times. Each person gave me another story. They sent the part and it was wrong-- their mistake but I had to pay shipping both ways. We ended up putting in a new fan.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Sounds like my experience. 12 minute wait to find out that they have no info. They no longer replace switches or sell switches, but they'll sell a new housing with a switch installed. No help at all. Hunter is no longer a good choice.

rattus

Lucky me

Lucky me

I am lucky enough to have a fan shop a couple of blocks from me. If you tell them what you have, they will sell the right capacitor and switch and even tell you how to wire it. But I guess everyone is not so lucky. Their prices are about twice those of the Depot, but it is worth it.

czars

Czars
Occupation
For those of you that might be interested, here's the info.

MFG: Zing Ear
Model: ZE268S6
L=Black
1=Grey
2=Brown
3=Green

Hi Speed >> L=1
Med Spd >> L=2 & 3
Low Spd >> L=3

Avlb from "www.kenselectronics.com".

Status
Not open for further replies.