Failed Limited Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I failed my state electrical exam yesterday. The worst part is I failed by only one question. I wasnt really mad just disappointed. I can go back in three months and take it again.
I'll just take it as a sign that I wasnt quite ready yet. I got 3 more months to study now. The worst part is it is a 6 hr exam and I get to do it 2 times lol.
I do not fail often so when I do I usually take it pretty hard. But i know I did everything I could. 6 month exam prep and about a month of studying after work. Ill just have to hit the books even harder.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Well I failed my state electrical exam yesterday. The worst part is I failed by only one question. I wasnt really mad just disappointed. I can go back in three months and take it again.
I'll just take it as a sign that I wasnt quite ready yet. I got 3 more months to study now. The worst part is it is a 6 hr exam and I get to do it 2 times lol.
I do not fail often so when I do I usually take it pretty hard. But i know I did everything I could. 6 month exam prep and about a month of studying after work. Ill just have to hit the books even harder.

Yep, it is painful. About the only exam I ever failed was the unlimited license in NC. I also missed by one. I was building my own home and running a business at the time. I did not study at all. Next time I studied a bit and got an 87.

Buck Parrish

If the test is 100 questions and you made a 74, then you failed by 26:lol::happyno:

( New smiley faces have been added since last time I was here, pretty cool)

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Do they have a process where you can go look at your test and possibly challenge the results? It might be possible to argue your way into getting one more. I know the PE had that at one time.

ACE1970

Just passing by reading the thread it was pretty funny that those that have nothing, make fun of others not passing. I passed my first time here in California but look at it from this perspective know the NEC well. Here in California it is open book and they give paper clips so you can clip sections to reference questions quickly. Know that it is best to study and know your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.