Watertight Hubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
There is some question as to whether or not they require bonding bushings when used with service raceways. Also hubs are not required if the conduit entry is below the energized parts.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I did not know this can you please give code reference.

Look here:

ARTICLE 312 Cabinets, Cutout Boxes, and Meter Socket Enclosures
312.1 Scope.
This article covers the installation and construction specifications of cabinets, cutout boxes, and meter socket enclosures.
I. Installation
312.2 Damp and Wet Locations.
In damp or wet locations, surface-type enclosures within the scope of this article shall be placed or equipped so as to prevent moisture or water from entering and accumulating within the cabinet or cutout box, and shall be mounted so there is at least 6-mm (?-in.) airspace between the enclosure and the wall or other supporting surface. Enclosures installed in wet locations shall be weatherproof. For enclosures in wet locations, raceways or cables entering above the level of uninsulated live parts shall use fittings listed for wet locations.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Nice thank you I love this site I learn so much here.:thumbsup:

You're welcome. Sometimes this one seems far fetched but because of it we can use squeeze connectors out of the bottom of a meter pan with SE cable, or standard locknuts and KO's on a raceway exiting below the energized parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.