Smart homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbones

I have a customer who's new home is currently in the framing stage and he is interested in intelligent design, control, remote interface...me and my big mouth! I am currently swamped with work and do not have a lot of free time for research and haven't had a new residential construction project in years. If any one is familiar with product lines available or experience in such I would greatly appreciate a starting point and/advice.

cadpoint

Seems it could just go about anywhere, how deep are theirs pockets and what do they really want to do?

I think, I'd ask that first if their going to be a customer to you! :)

Two "L" named companies come to mind first, Leviton and Lutron but they are by far not the only players. Google is your friend!

Go Zane State! Class of 81'

Welcome Aboard!

morbones

I wont say money is not an issue, but the budget is still open ended. Basic concept is to integrate lighting, environment, security through user interface modules and to allow for network access from remote locations ie: control from smart phones/ remote pc or laptop. Also to include sound and intercom system. Have discussed with local supply houses...going to arrange appt. with sales rep. Thanks for input. MATC '96.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I wont say money is not an issue, but the budget is still open ended. Basic concept is to integrate lighting, environment, security through user interface modules and to allow for network access from remote locations ie: control from smart phones/ remote pc or laptop. Also to include sound and intercom system. Have discussed with local supply houses...going to arrange appt. with sales rep. Thanks for input. MATC '96.

I was thinking of doing something clever with my last home, but wound up selling before I did anything constructive. I was looking at Leviton for whole house internet, phone, etc. Try starting here. I'm sure others can offer additional suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.