400A Dist. Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
THe size and quantity of breakers would affect the size of this panel and thus the labor for installing this board(not including terminations). What I am saying is that one must know the quantity of breakers and size to properly labor the switchboard mouting? Thanks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
IMO what really matters is the size and weight. That will determine how many bodies it will take to move it into place and how it will be mounted.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
YEs, but that should be determined by the quantity & size of breakers, right? THanks.

To some extent yes. A large 400 amp distribution board will get a majority of it's weight from the enclosure and the bus detail.

tkb

I usually only care if it is wall mounted or free standing.

The amount of breakers is not that important to the panel mounting unless all of the breakers are shipped loose and must be field installed.

The terminations are carried in the feeder labor.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
To some extent yes. A large 400 amp distribution board will get a majority of it's weight from the enclosure and the bus detail.

So a 400a dist panel will have the approximately the same size/weight bus detail no matter how many breakers? Thanks

The amperage and mounting are key components to factoring correct labor?? Thanks

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I usually only care if it is wall mounted or free standing.

The amount of breakers is not that important to the panel mounting unless all of the breakers are shipped loose and must be field installed.

The terminations are carried in the feeder labor.

What about size/weight? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.