metal lathe and plaster and a hose in each hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Any opinions [again] :angel:eek:n the best techniques / tools to cut precise openings in metal lathe and plaster wall besides using a small skill saw with carborondium blade and being assisted by a helper with a vacuum hose in each hand. Ditto for an abrasive hole saw / concrete coring on the ceiling.

Maybe something new has been invented since the beatles appeared on the ed sullivan show.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
I bought the super deluxe one... Its ok.
Like a front pointing sawzall.
Mostly good for sanding.
I bought it for the vacuum attachment and then when I went to put it on I understood that only worked with the sanding pads.
Rotozip might've worked better.
All in all it was good.
Used up a blade pretty quick at $50/ea...

But I am successful!:)

wptski

I bought the super deluxe one... Its ok.
Like a front pointing sawzall.
Mostly good for sanding.
I bought it for the vacuum attachment and then when I went to put it on I understood that only worked with the sanding pads.
Rotozip might've worked better.
All in all it was good.
Used up a blade pretty quick at $50/ea...

But I am successful!:)
Unless you use a Fein vacuum which I have also that attachment is a PITA as the connection is cumbersome. The vac is one those that can turn ON/OFF with any tool plugged into it which is rather nice.

tommyrice

cutting plaster and metal wire lathe

cutting plaster and metal wire lathe

it may not be as sophisticated as using a fein tool,but if the blades cost $50,this might be more economical. i use a roto-zip with a ceramic tile bit to cut the plaster,and an old pair of dikes to cut wire lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.