branch circuit cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
a dwelling unit kitchen has the follwing applicances : 9kw cooktop and one wall mouted oven rated 5.3 kw. the branch circuit calculated load for these applicance is

I use table 220.55 columm c for cooktop=8kw
columm b for wallmount=5.4x80%=4.3
8kw+4.3kw= 12.3kw round off =12kw

open for suggestion if my calculation is incorrect
thanks

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
look at 220.55, note 4. See if it doesn't interest you. By the way, which test are you studying for?

Last edited:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
a dwelling unit kitchen has the follwing applicances : 9kw cooktop and one wall mouted oven rated 5.3 kw. the branch circuit calculated load for these applicance is

I use table 220.55 columm c for cooktop=8kw
columm b for wallmount=5.4x80%=4.3
8kw+4.3kw= 12.3kw round off =12kw

open for suggestion if my calculation is incorrect
thanks

look at 220.55, note 4. See if it doesn't interest you. By the way, which test are you studying for?

I agree with Hv&Lv. Since you said branch circuit, note #4 can be used.

just want to learn more

just want to learn more

I am in school study load calculation. how ever the sample in class is very simple. so I am just to find more interest problems. however all my calculation result are too much compared to the answer.
so I want to learn more example and exception to different rule in NEC article
thanks

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

I am in school study load calculation. how ever the sample in class is very simple. so I am just to find more interest problems. however all my calculation result are too much compared to the answer.
so I want to learn more example and exception to different rule in NEC article
thanks

Do you understand what Hv&Lv means by looking at 220.55 note 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.