Problem With Posting Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
You do use it for inserting pictures from a photo sharing site, but you use a "Direct Link" URL. It is how I have always inserted pictures, until Smart showed the alternative. I do not know why it doesn't work for you.

I posted twice what happens when I use the "direct Link" it just shows the direct link, no image/picture. I'm getting "feeble minded" lately, but I'm 99.999% sure I used to use the "insert image" icon. I suppose I should just be happy I can post a pic now, no matter how I get it there.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I posted twice what happens when I use the "direct Link" it just shows the direct link, no image/picture. I'm getting "feeble minded" lately, but I'm 99.999% sure I used to use the "insert image" icon. I suppose I should just be happy I can post a pic now, no matter how I get it there.
FWIW, it is likely the
PHP:
 scripting of the forum has changed.  An example of what scripting does is when I paste a URL (the so-called direct link) directly into the message block.  When I preview or submit my post, the message is parsed for URL's and my URL is automatically made into a URL link.  There is an option to turn this feature on or off in the Additional Options panel below the message entry block.

Perhaps in the past, when you pasted IMG code into the Insert Image dialogue, it parsed the entry for and extracted the URL... and now it does not... seeing the IMG portion as an invalid URL (i.e. invalid file [-type]).

Status
Not open for further replies.