2008 in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I have a copy of the NEC 2008 in a PDF file. It's in an Adobe file. As any of you who use the Adobe reader know, they update quite often. The latest update is Adobe Reader X or 10. In this newer version I don't see the "search" button. The search worked in the older versions (although not well) but I don't see or know how to use it in this new version. I might as well go to the truck and get my hard copy if I have to scroll the entire file to find something.:rant: Anyone have any input on this?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I didn't know they had the 2008 in a PDF version. The Folio Views version that I bought back then is excellent. The 2011 in PDF stinks in comparison.

tkb

I didn't know they had the 2008 in a PDF version. The Folio Views version that I bought back then is excellent. The 2011 in PDF stinks in comparison.

If you look on the Folio CD, you should find NEC PDF's for 99, 02, 05 and 08.
It's there on the handbook CD.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Adobe X does not work well with the NEC pdf 2011 file either. There seems to be a conflict. I download X awhile ago and had to get rid of it and stay with the older version for the PDF to work correctly. I called NFPA and they confirmed there was an issue with it.

tkb

Adobe X does not work well with the NEC pdf 2011 file either. There seems to be a conflict. I download X awhile ago and had to get rid of it and stay with the older version for the PDF to work correctly. I called NFPA and they confirmed there was an issue with it.

I have been using Acrobat X and haven't had any problems opening and NEC file.

Status
Not open for further replies.