three way neutral switching invalid url!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
There's a thing here called a Chinese three way which involves andalusite neutral that needs a break before make. I never understood it. The switch is stuck in one position. IlL ring it out and them crack it open and let you know

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
There's a thing here called a Chinese three way which involves andalusite neutral that needs a break before make. I never understood it. The switch is stuck in one position. IlL ring it out and them crack it open and let you know

iPhone autocorrect should read "a switched neutral"

480sparky

I'd say two of the terminals are tied together... one for power in and feeding the switched load, and the other for power out to feed something else.

A version of this:

DSC_7748.jpg

Last edited:

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
My singlE screw is brass tho compared to the other two silvery terminals. I'll try and ring it out Tom. Since the $ won't throw, I'll prob put it on a bandsaw

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
iPhone autocorrect should read "a switched neutral"

That's hilarious, I really did laugh out loud. I wondered all day if andalusite was a semi-conductor and had something to do with why the 3/way had an off. Am I the only one that didn't know about the phone autocorrect of which you speak? Did everyone else know what the sentence was supposed to say?

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
three way switch indeed

three way switch indeed

hey i looked it up
the patent number that is and here is the poop
looks like it is a kind of three way but i can't figure it out tonight
already snapped off the switch and the springs popped out...

=)

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
to be more clear it looks like a double pole double throw switch that can be modified to perform some kind of $3 function.
And I think that was how they used to do some kind of make before break neutral switching in the old victorians...
this may have been a modern [1954] version of the dated [1903] switch
think laurel and hardy meet the three stooges...

Status
Not open for further replies.