What are people using for travelling wires on Sunlink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BretHeilig

I'm building a spec which says the DC conductors traversing rows must travel on the outside of the tilt brackets, but must also "be attached to the tilt brackets" for support. I can't think of what to use as an attachment. Zipties will fail from UV exposure, and EMT straps will bite into the wire insulation. Presently I'm thinking UV-stable split loom around the wire, and an EMT strap holding that, but that seems too complicated. Any ideas? Is there a silver bullet product made for this situation? Thanks for any advice,

Bret

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I'm building a spec which says the DC conductors traversing rows must travel on the outside of the tilt brackets, but must also "be attached to the tilt brackets" for support. I can't think of what to use as an attachment. Zipties will fail from UV exposure, and EMT straps will bite into the wire insulation. Presently I'm thinking UV-stable split loom around the wire, and an EMT strap holding that, but that seems too complicated. Any ideas? Is there a silver bullet product made for this situation? Thanks for any advice,

Bret

The black zip ties are UV resistant. I've had some outside for years and are still strong.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I think that one ought to purchase zip ties that are stated to be UV resistant, not just black ones, but I think that if it were my company we would also zip ties.

Another option might be some type of clips, but I don't know a specific type to suggest for Sunlink.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems

Bret
Have you asked Sunlink for a recommendation?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I think that one ought to purchase zip ties that are stated to be UV resistant, not just black ones, but I think that if it were my company we would also zip ties.

Another option might be some type of clips, but I don't know a specific type to suggest for Sunlink.

All the black ones that I've seen are UV resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.