680 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

By the definitions in 680.2 a baptismal would fall under 680.30 correct?
I have one to do which has a 120v pump and a 240v heater.
My intent is to run a dedicated 20A 120V circ. with GFIC protection in MC cable for the pump And a dedicated 35A 240 GFIC circ. in MC for the heater. The only thing different I see is I know the pump dose not have a cord and plug. They are the B&G circulating pumps and are hard wired. The baptismal is 42" to the top. See any problems?
Storable Swimming, Wading, or Immersion Pool.​
Those that are constructed on or above the ground and are capable of holding water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m (42 in.), ora pool with nonmetallic, molded polymeric walls or inflatable
fabric walls regardless of dimension.

Volta

Is this going to be inside a building?

If so, I think it will be considered a permanently installed pool then, and subject to Parts I and II, rather than I and III, in that case.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I believe this is a permanently installed pool as the definition states, all pools installed inside regardless of depth.

Permanently Installed Swimming, Wading, Immersion, and Therapeutic Pools. Those that are constructed in the ground or partially in the ground, and all others capable of holding water in a depth greater than 1.0 m (42 in.), and all pools installed inside of a building, regardless of water depth, whether or not served by electrical circuits of any nature.

This means epb is needed.

hurk27

Something I want to add that I always point out when doing baptismal tanks, is that it is very common for them to use a microphone in them, most electrocutions in these tanks are cause by this when a hard wired mic is used, I try to point them to a wireless system to use instead, in a wired audio system the mic is grounded through a different pathway, and if this pathway develops a voltage difference it can cause an electrocution, so always try to point this out. if they are intent on using a wired system then you should bond the mic jack to the EPGB so it will always be at the same potential, a few years ago MH sent out a news letter telling about this problem with a story of a preacher who was electrocuted and died for this very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.