WAY BACK!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carjam

Does any one remember back in...maybe 2006, a fellow member posted a residential excel sheet that automatically calculated the receps in a bedroom by entering the dimensions of the room? It even had a cell to deduct wall space based on the door size for the room. I use to have a copy and I went to my stored excel documents and I have misplaced it. I never really used it, but I messed around with it and saved it because I thought it may come in handy one day.
Now I need it and can't find it :(
Before I go back through all the forums and try and find it I was hoping someone may have it saved in their files :)

If anyone has it, a copy would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Carjam

carjam

Thanks Infinity, but it isnt a load calculator, I have that though. It was a excel sheet that lets say, you have 3 bedrooms upstairs and all are 12x10, when you enter the room dimensions on the excel sheet, no kidding here, it calculated the correct amount of plugs and made a material list for boxes, wire, staples etc. It was a pretty complex excel sheet. Who ever did it put a lot of time in on it. The only reason I didnt use it was because whom ever designed the excel sheet set up all branch circuits to be 12/2 NM instead of 14/2NM.
I will start going back through the forums....i just cant remember what it was called or titled as. If I find it I will post it for everyone to save.....I cant believe I dont have it. I have everything lol!!!!

kwired

Electron manager
Thanks Infinity, but it isnt a load calculator, I have that though. It was a excel sheet that lets say, you have 3 bedrooms upstairs and all are 12x10, when you enter the room dimensions on the excel sheet, no kidding here, it calculated the correct amount of plugs and made a material list for boxes, wire, staples etc. It was a pretty complex excel sheet. Who ever did it put a lot of time in on it. The only reason I didnt use it was because whom ever designed the excel sheet set up all branch circuits to be 12/2 NM instead of 14/2NM.
I will start going back through the forums....i just cant remember what it was called or titled as. If I find it I will post it for everyone to save.....I cant believe I dont have it. I have everything lol!!!!

Does it compensate for doorways? Some rooms have multiple doorways? seems like it takes about as much effort to gather dimensions as it takes to figure out what is needed, I don't see a big need for such a calculator. Most of the time more receptacles than what is minimum required is what is desired to be installed. A room that only requires three may get four or five, cutthroat bidders will install three. I avoid cutthroat bidding. Staying at home and making nothing is still a higher net than going to work and losing money.

Size of branch circuit will not effect the outcome of how many receptacles are needed or how many are to be placed on a single circuit.

carjam

Does it compensate for doorways? Some rooms have multiple doorways? seems like it takes about as much effort to gather dimensions as it takes to figure out what is needed, I don't see a big need for such a calculator. Most of the time more receptacles than what is minimum required is what is desired to be installed. A room that only requires three may get four or five, cutthroat bidders will install three. I avoid cutthroat bidding. Staying at home and making nothing is still a higher net than going to work and losing money.

Size of branch circuit will not effect the outcome of how many receptacles are needed or how many are to be placed on a single circuit.

Agreed, but it's not even about that. I just think it is cool that someone calculated a bunch of formulas for it. I, personally would never use it to estimate. I use EBM by vision. But if you are an excel "geek" it is just a cool spreadsheet to show what you can do.
I started to go through the forums today....wow, there are alot of post. You guys talk alot lol

mkgrady

Agreed, but it's not even about that. I just think it is cool that someone calculated a bunch of formulas for it. I, personally would never use it to estimate. I use EBM by vision. But if you are an excel "geek" it is just a cool spreadsheet to show what you can do.
I started to go through the forums today....wow, there are alot of post. You guys talk alot lol

Mshunk did alot of cool stuff. What the heck is EBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.