gfci protected wiremold

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper chopper

a ? was asked myself by an apprentice. Do i know where in the code it says, when putting single circiut wiremold on gfci protection (breaker or load side of outlet) that you can only put 5 outlets in the wiremold.... I had to say no, so has anyone ever heard this and if you have please give code articles of where the heck this might be.:cool:

hurk27

Generally there is no code restricting how many receptacles are put on the load side of a GFCI, but some manufactures might have a restriction, and if this is commercial then you are limited to the 180va per strap rule.

Just because these receptacles are in Wire Mold is not an issue.

hurk27

Could be, because that was my other guess is that the load would be high for the GFCI receptacle.

GFCI receptacles do not have any OCPDs in them and the circuit PCPD would protect the GFCI receptacle at its rating, all 15 amp GFCI receptacles are rated for 20 amp pass through.

Why some GFCI manufactures limit the amount of receptacles is more of a problem of capacitive coupling in the conductors then because of load, this has never made sense to me since a 100' run with only one receptacle on the load side will present more of a problem then 20 receptacles in a string just 20' long?:?

marti smith

We're lucky if we can get the instructions with proper grammar and spelling; forget about any electrical theory.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
GFCI receptacles do not have any OCPDs in them and the circuit PCPD would protect the GFCI receptacle at its rating, all 15 amp GFCI receptacles are rated for 20 amp pass through.

Why some GFCI manufactures limit the amount of receptacles is more of a problem of capacitive coupling in the conductors then because of load, this has never made sense to me since a 100' run with only one receptacle on the load side will present more of a problem then 20 receptacles in a string just 20' long?:?

Yes I know, I was just simplifying my answer.

jumper

We're lucky if we can get the instructions with proper grammar and spelling; forget about any electrical theory.

Jeez, what part of this do you not understand?:D

imagesqtbnANd9GcTLnwL_sH087UeVT8KWL12QVbsGdxXzPDFjGiut-7CUD-DhaCV_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.