8 years of perseverance pays off. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Today was a great day for me. I walked into the office and both the president and vice president had code books open. Those of you that know me know this has been a long hard battle with the 05, 08, and 11's for the office provided on my dime.

Just a thanks to you all, without you I probably would have just moved on.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Today was a great day for me. I walked into the office and both the president and vice president had code books open. Those of you that know me know this has been a long hard battle with the 05, 08, and 11's for the office provided on my dime.

Just a thanks to you all, without you I probably would have just moved on.

I know how you feel.
It's not near as hard to tell upper management "you can't do that" now. They have learned that when I come in with the codebook I have already won! Just ask Ok what do we need to do to fix it.
Got a good laugh yesterday. Qc manager had asked production to give her some help with electrical inspections while 1 of the inspectors was on vacation. No, No , No was the answer we can't spare anyone.
Ok she said I'll call BC and see if he'll send Mike down to inspect for us.
Talk about cooperation! Oh no, don't do that! we will find someone to help!

GUNNING

Every day!

Every day!

I read something out of mine every day. Notice changes, new sections, better index etc... I KNOW I don't know it like I should. Makes me a better electrician and person.

I've got the 08 in the van and the 11 by the desk. The '11 is the handbook and it has pictures! This is the first year I got the handbook and I think it is easier to read.

Did I mention it has pictures?
:thumbsup:

jumper

Cool Chris.

I think that you should feel some rightful vindication for your efforts.:thumbsup:

Oh yeah-tell them you want reimbursement for the previous editions that you bought. Even as a first year I was provided with a Code book and sent to class on the ECs dime if I passed with a C or better. I have had 3 different employers and it has been the same rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.