strange call

Status
Not open for further replies.

difowler1

I had a potential customer call me tonight and say that they saw what looked like a "static electricity charge" in the corner of their bedroom, suspended in the air, near the ceiling. I told him that I have never heard that one before. I suggested that I or other electrician check the house for wiring problems, but I don't have a clue what it was. I wanted to suggest that he might slow down on the medication. Anyone had one of those calls?

yankj

I once had a second grade teacher who had two little boys tell her that electicity came out of a receptacle and floated around the room and landed on a desk. She was convinced they were telling the truth. Okaaaay.:roll:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
"I see dead people"
Could be eye floaters or he needs to get to a med. check up, clogged artery.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I once had a second grade teacher who had two little boys tell her that electicity came out of a receptacle and floated around the room and landed on a desk. She was convinced they were telling the truth. Okaaaay.:roll:

IIRC, one of the instances my inspector friend had, the ball did originate from a wall receptacle after a lightning strike. It then traveled around the house before it fizzled out. The boys may have been telling the truth.

donf

Back at you.

Back at you.

I once told a particular annoying customer that the unit I was working on had a defective power supply and that the resulting electron leak may have damaged her concrete floor.

She got out the Bald man cleaner and started scrubbing at the front of the garage while I finished the work. I did not even feel the least bit of guilt.

stevebea

I had a potential customer call me tonight and say that they saw what looked like a "static electricity charge" in the corner of their bedroom, suspended in the air, near the ceiling. I told him that I have never heard that one before. I suggested that I or other electrician check the house for wiring problems, but I don't have a clue what it was. I wanted to suggest that he might slow down on the medication. Anyone had one of those calls?

If I did I probably would tell them to call back if it's a reoccuring problem, otherwise chalk it up to unsolved mysteries. :thumbsup:

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I once told a particular annoying customer that the unit I was working on had a defective power supply and that the resulting electron leak may have damaged her concrete floor.

She got out the Bald man cleaner and started scrubbing at the front of the garage while I finished the work. I did not even feel the least bit of guilt.

I went on a service call and when I took the cover off the panel found a breaker turned off, didn't see it with cover on because it was covered with a piece of paper saying "leave on." I didn't want to embarrass customer and I wanted to get paid, so I told her a wire was bent too tight and the electricity couldn't get thru. I got my check & got out quick before she had a chance to tell anyone else what the problem turned out to be.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Why couldn't it have been a static charge? If the weather conditions were right or they use a dehumidifier and the wall covering and the ceiling finish were right?

When I was a kid living in Reno, it was a crap shoot sometimes on how bad it was going to hurt when you opened the front door. I'd seen sparks of at least 6" jump out and bite you.

Or it could have been a ghost.

iMuse97

No wonder people think electricians are weird- great thread!

Haven't really noticed anything weird so far... here in Chicagoland we have politicians that can tell stories that far outdistance anything I've ever read on this forum. We've even given one of these ;)politicians to the whole country so that they can see how we do it over by here. ;)

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Haven't really noticed anything weird so far... here in Chicagoland we have politicians that can tell stories that far outdistance anything I've ever read on this forum. We've even given one of these ;)politicians to the whole country so that they can see how we do it over by here. ;)

Stop sharing with us:)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.