Friday Picture of the Day - spot the violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
The 'Tee' condulet would not help this conduit mess.

Why not, don't you have two raceways in line with each other and one perpendicular to them? The wall is a problem as far as making it fit now. If what I said before was what happened they just would have needed to cut the original raceway in a different location and offset the added raceway to make it flat on the wall.

No matter what you do with it now you are possibly going to have some conductors that will not be right length to work when done and will have to replace or install additional splicing boxes.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Raceway used to be a straight run at this point. Someone needed a Tee but did not have one so they installed what we see in the photo

Quite possible. But I figure the LB came first, and someone added the straight run. I say that because the two conduits on the LB are installed as a complete run - per code. But the straight run is just hung there.

And I figure the reason they didn't do this right is because they didn't want to disconnect and pull out the wires that were origionally in the LB. (I think there is even a good chance they didn't even turn off power to the existing wires when adding the straight run.)

Of course, that all just speculation.

Steve

John Arendt

kwired:

Yes, I agree that a "T" would work, IF the installer did the job in a workmanlike manner, and modified the existing conduits thru the block wall. My comment that a "Tee" would not help refers to the conditions that I see in the pics. :D

kwired

Electron manager
kwired:

Yes, I agree that a "T" would work, IF the installer did the job in a workmanlike manner, and modified the existing conduits thru the block wall. My comment that a "Tee" would not help refers to the conditions that I see in the pics. :D

We are only limited to what we see in the picture, but based on what we see I'm not so sure there is much else that would take any less effort to correct the installation. Maybe one of those Arlington 'anybody's' can be configured to work here. I have never used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.