Your method of getting a cable from the wall to the ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4gery

You still have to match texture/paint etc. or your patch will be about as noticeable as a box with a blank cover on it. You don't have any guarantee that your patch will not crack or break out some time later, but by then you are somewhat forgotten about and will not necessarily be blamed right?

I've always made a rough patch. Using a good setting compound will lead to a patch that won't crack or break out.

My Father owned a framing and drywall company and I had many years experience taping walls. Patching is very easy and everyone who I show how to do it learns quick and always thanks me later for showing them the simple tips and tricks that allow them to patch their own holes.

The final finish is up to the homeowner, this is in the contract and discussed beforehand. I've never seen an issue with this. Most of the time when I go back for more work the homeowner never even finished my rough patch with more coats of mud or texture, they just paint over it and are happy.

Last edited:

220/221

You still have to match texture/paint etc. or your patch will be about as noticeable as a box with a blank cover on it. You don't have any guarantee that your patch will not crack or break out some time later, but by then you are somewhat forgotten about and will not necessarily be blamed right?

The point of using the 1" notch is to keep the patch small. It's not tough to match texture on a patch that small. Most times a simple flat patch will suffice. Sometimes I'll take another 60 seconds and add a bit of texture.Also, a simple patch like this won't crack.

I always say "rough patch" on my contracts. That gives me some leeway. If the job goes well I may do a finish patch to save the HO from calling a drywall/painter guy.

I remember going to a previous customers house after a year or so and they still hadn't painted the notch patch. Walls were whiteish as was the compound and they had forgotten all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.