TERMINATING LARGE FEEDERA IN SWGR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I was told/taught to include the termination of a feeder in the switchgear/panel labor. I would like to break it out separatley. Are the lugs or what the feeders land on already in the gear? What are the different scenarios? I don't see labor for this in NECA MLU. THanks.

masterinbama

You can specify what type of terminations you want included in your switchgear. You can have plain bus connections, where you provide your own lugs (either mechanical or compression). You can have them provide the terminations in whatever arrangement you like. ( conductors per phase and conductor size) Or you can even specify a bus duct to switch gear bus type termination. It pretty much depends on what the engineer specs and what you and your project manager determine suits the project the best and falls within the specs.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
Well you are probably not going to get much help here without any more specifics. But I will tell you from my experience that depending on the size of the SG you will want to count on providing your own crimp lugs for the terminations. I see no reason you could not separate the terminating.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
You can specify what type of terminations you want included in your switchgear. You can have plain bus connections, where you provide your own lugs (either mechanical or compression). You can have them provide the terminations in whatever arrangement you like. ( conductors per phase and conductor size) Or you can even specify a bus duct to switch gear bus type termination. It pretty much depends on what the engineer specs and what you and your project manager determine suits the project the best and falls within the specs.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.