Van interior lights - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrosA

I'm looking to upgrade the interior lights in the back of my truck. Stock lights were two 2x10W festoons which I later changed to 11W T8s. They keep blowing out and are a pain to deal with. Looking around the web, I'm seeing 18", 36" and 48" fluorescents, a few different cold cathode type lights and a bunch of LED stuff with little to no specs about output characteristics.

Can anyone make a recommendation? The days are short and I'm needing the light...

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I'm looking to upgrade the interior lights in the back of my truck. Stock lights were two 2x10W festoons which I later changed to 11W T8s. They keep blowing out and are a pain to deal with. Looking around the web, I'm seeing 18", 36" and 48" fluorescents, a few different cold cathode type lights and a bunch of LED stuff with little to no specs about output characteristics.

Can anyone make a recommendation? The days are short and I'm needing the light...

elite led lighting tape. 15' per roll. runs on 12 vdc.... couple strips down the center, or however you can that is out of the way.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I just bought a lumateq LED rechargeable mini brite stick. It is very bright, cost $33.00 from City Electric Supply, holds it charge for a long time, has a 120V charger as well as a 12V adapter for the car. It's magnetic so it sticks to the roof interior and we use it for crawl spaces and attics.

Here is an image of it lighting up under the hood.

Untitled-3b.jpg

iwire

Staff member
elite led lighting tape. 15' per roll. runs on 12 vdc.... couple strips down the center, or however you can that is out of the way.

We have been installing a lot of LEDs and doing a lot of large sign replacements.

At this point I think all the guys have some type of LED lighting in their trucks. :cool:

GUNNING

I tried the 4 foot flourecent truck van light from the begining and it broke within 6 months. Best thing I found was the el cheapo replacement dome light found at walmart. About $12, brighter than the original dome light, put on same circuit 12 volt bulb and crystal lens. LED tape?? Got any sites to look at ??

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I tried the 4 foot flourecent truck van light from the begining and it broke within 6 months. Best thing I found was the el cheapo replacement dome light found at walmart. About $12, brighter than the original dome light, put on same circuit 12 volt bulb and crystal lens. LED tape?? Got any sites to look at ??

this is the only stuff i've used. works well... i've looked at some of the cheaper stuff,
and you get what you pay for.

61a329d0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.