120V receptacle behind toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Has anyone here heard of a device that mounts on a toilet that requires 120V(possibly L/V with xfmr). I did a walk thru today with a homeowner who has just come to the states from Japan and he's calling the device a "mister". I wasn't able to get any info from him as far as electrical requirements other than it needs to be pluggged in under the tank. Thanks.

kwired

Electron manager
Has anyone here heard of a device that mounts on a toilet that requires 120V(possibly L/V with xfmr). I did a walk thru today with a homeowner who has just come to the states from Japan and he's calling the device a "mister". I wasn't able to get any info from him as far as electrical requirements other than it needs to be pluggged in under the tank. Thanks.

Have not seen anything, but not suprised either, heard of many "gadgets" for the toilet including heated seats.

Always wondered how long these gadgets last - toilet is a pretty corrosive area most of the time.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yes, I have installed one for a fancy toilet seat. Just a duplex GFCI below the toilet. One of these if I remeber correctly.

washlet_s400.jpg

http://www.totousa.com/Washlet/WashletS400.aspx

ceb58

I have done one. This one requried 2 - 20 amp circuit. 1- was for the heated seat the other was for all the gizmos. But the thing was the couple was from Japan and the wife had diabetes. After peeing you could push a button and it would read the sugar levels. HO said it was a $20,000.00 toilet.:jawdrop:

kwired

Electron manager
I have done one. This one requried 2 - 20 amp circuit. 1- was for the heated seat the other was for all the gizmos. But the thing was the couple was from Japan and the wife had diabetes. After peeing you could push a button and it would read the sugar levels. HO said it was a $20,000.00 toilet.:jawdrop:

1 - 20 amp circuit for a heated seat? That means it could possibly be 1800 - 2400 watts. That is not a heated seat that is where you fry the bacon:lol:

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

toto. there is a potty they make, that does everything. including a urinalysis.

it's about $17,500 or so. it's called the Neo. the US version needs 120 vac.
the japanese only version needs an internet connection as well.

i'm not kidding.

it emails the urinalysis reports.

again, i'm not kidding. ask the customer which one he bought.

edit: didn't see the previous post....

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
toto. there is a potty they make, that does everything. including a urinalysis.

it's about $17,500 or so. it's called the Neo. the US version needs 120 vac.
the japanese only version needs an internet connection as well.

i'm not kidding.

it emails the urinalysis reports.

again, i'm not kidding. ask the customer which one he bought.

edit: didn't see the previous post....

Will it email your spouse and tell them you're out of toilet paper, so please bring some?:lol:

kwired

Electron manager
Will it email your spouse and tell them you're out of toilet paper, so please bring some?:lol:

For 17 grand I would sure hope it can. I really would expect it to monitor the toilet paper and automatically order more when needed.

But if you need regular medical lab work done on urine or stool samples 17 grand is probably cheap. Does health insurance pay for installation of these toilets?

growler

I did a walk thru today with a homeowner who has just come to the states from Japan and he's calling the device a "mister". I wasn't able to get any info from him as far as electrical requirements other than it needs to be pluggged in under the tank. Thanks.

Interesting. I was just reading that the Japanese use a type of "Bidet" that has several features that include an air dryer and maybe a heated seat. This is supposed to be in common use in Japan. A large percentage of their homes have a receptacle for installation behind the comode.

"Mister" must be a brand name.

nizak

Looks like some of the "standard models" have a power consumption of 1250watts per their cut sheet. If that's the case, a dedicated circuit will be required. I was just going to tie the receps in with the vanity receps, but with blow dryers that are 1800 watts I could see that being a big problem real fast.

Occupation
Inspector
I have a TOTO Toilet with a Washlet #S300. It is really great having a heated seat, warm water wash and Hot Air Dryer. I installed a GFI receptacle just to the left of the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.