LIGHTING ON-SITE MOCK UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Has anyone done this before? Are you to install the fixture just for to see how it looks aesthetically or is it usually required to be powered? THanks.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
Where recessed lighting was desired on a old work setting I have put the circle templates on the ceiling so the customer can see the layout. I can also show them a CAD drawing of the light circles and how it covers the area.

Wiring up the fixture and then removing them and rewiring in the proper places would need to cost extra for the time and hassle involved.

Strife

A mock up generally refers to a multi thingie (as in 20plus units) so bugs can be worked out before you go into actually wiring those 20+ units.
As far as your question I think it's a bit of both, but you can always do some temp wiring if the customer wants to see how the light shines down.

Has anyone done this before? Are you to install the fixture just for to see how it looks aesthetically or is it usually required to be powered? THanks.

MarkyMarkNC

One of the art museums around here spent a couple hundred thousand dollars on a lighting mock-up before they designed the lighting for the actual museum, so it kind of depends on what the mock-up is for.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
One of the art museums around here spent a couple hundred thousand dollars on a lighting mock-up before they designed the lighting for the actual museum, so it kind of depends on what the mock-up is for.

THey are asking for mockup for some outdoor LED lighting.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Lighting schedule says to provide power for 10(different types) of light fixtures and this must be done 18 weeks before needing the actual fixture onsite for final installation. Do you think temp wiring can be used for the power for these. I would imagine power would have to come from the temp service anyway so temp wiring would be okay.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I've done complete lighting mock up's fully lighted. If that' s what the customer wants you need to do it and include it in the price.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I've done complete lighting mock up's fully lighted. If that' s what the customer wants you need to do it and include it in the price.

THanks. Temporary Wiring? I guess it also depends what stage of installation you in that might determine if you utilize temp wiring or permanent.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
What do you base your outdoor temp wiring type on if it were for lighting..... SO COrd(outdoor type), NM or SER?? Can all three be used? THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.