Grounding method Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk1957

Existing Stamping plant basement floor slab, new press being installed... (8) 15'-O" long, 3/4" diameter ground rods being driven and then connected with exothermically welded #4/0 bare copper grounding conductors... My question is, how far below the slab do the grounding conductors have to be?

iwire

Staff member
There is no depth requirement in the NEC for a grounding electrode conductor, but there is no requirement for any of the work you describe so I would ask the person asking for all this grounding what they want.

Turk1957

Grounding method Question

Any ideas as how to ground a large press that is sitting on an existing 6 foot thick concrete slab? Grond rods need to have at least 8 feet in contact with soil, but then how do I connect the ground rods together?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Any ideas as how to ground a large press that is sitting on an existing 6 foot thick concrete slab? Grond rods need to have at least 8 feet in contact with soil, but then how do I connect the ground rods together?
Why are you installing ground rods?

iwire

Staff member
Turk1957,

Welcome to the forum, I have merged your two threads as it is really the same question. It gets confusing with two threads about the same subject at the same time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.