Audible Gfci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here is a great product for all those members who swear a GFCI is a bad idea for a refrigerator in a garage or a basement. If the power trips the gfci receptacle an audible alarm goes off. Obviously if the circuit trips it won't work- at least I think. :D Just thought you all might be interested. Only bad thing is the ground is UP....
laughing.gif

B123673ADFF8495880EE43E7991509C2.ashx

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I am going to try and get my supplier to get them in stock. Right now they are $14.75 each but you have to get a box of 10 -- no freight unless you want them immediately.

kwired

Electron manager
I am going to try and get my supplier to get them in stock. Right now they are $14.75 each but you have to get a box of 10 -- no freight unless you want them immediately.

How much do you currently pay for TR or TR-WR? That is about what I pay for those and figured the alarm featured one would be at least $20.00. (have not asked about them - just what I would expect)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
How much do you currently pay for TR or TR-WR? That is about what I pay for those and figured the alarm featured one would be at least $20.00. (have not asked about them - just what I would expect)
I pay about $11.00 for TR but the TR-WR are about $13.00

kwired

Electron manager
I pay about $11.00 for TR but the TR-WR are about $13.00

That is what I was paying for GFCI before the TR and WR became requirement, then they went to about 13-14.

I would like to just see TR-WR be the only thing stocked - possibly would help reduce price - less items to stock = more space to stock other items plus you would be purchasing the single item in larger volume and may get better price because of that.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
That is what I was paying for GFCI before the TR and WR became requirement, then they went to about 13-14.

I would like to just see TR-WR be the only thing stocked - possibly would help reduce price - less items to stock = more space to stock other items plus you would be purchasing the single item in larger volume and may get better price because of that.
I was tempted to just stock the TR-WR but then I thought the extra $2.00 over the course of a year adds up. People are already complaining about cost.

kwired

Electron manager
I was tempted to just stock the TR-WR but then I thought the extra $2.00 over the course of a year adds up. People are already complaining about cost.

I was kind of hoping the supply house would be able to reduce price a little if they only stocked one item that worked in all of the places that have different requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.