Not open for further replies.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
all the closed threads?

i've read the sticky's

the majority seem to have no violations of them

further, many pose issues of interest

looking through them all, how is one to know if posting something here in earnest is going to be a waste of time?

~RJ~

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
The purpose of this forum is to pretend you're submitting a real proposal or comment to the NFPA, to get feedback before actually submitting it. Bob Alexander explained the purpose in his sticky thread.

Edit to add: if there's a topic you want to comment on that's closed, feel free to start a thread in the NEC forum about it and link to it.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
are you asking about threads in which you have posted? just looked at threads you have posted in and only see three that are recent and still active, the rest are at least one year old or older and need to be closed. If someone wants to renew an old discussion they can open a new thread.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
all the closed threads?

i've read the sticky's

the majority seem to have no violations of them

further, many pose issues of interest

looking through them all, how is one to know if posting something here in earnest is going to be a waste of time?

~RJ~
Are you asking about old threads that are closed? There is a time limit on inactive threads.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Since Bob really wants this forum to be code related proposals I moved this thread to the NEC forum- for lack of any other place to put it.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
That shouldn't happen any more. The forum automatically closes old threads 3 months after the last post. Sometimes, old threads are revived shortly before they expire, so on occasion you'll see an old thread that ought to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.