Fiber Optic Conduit 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

I am installing a conduit for a customer to get cable to their building for internet. I would like to allow for future expansion to fiber in the same conduit. What size conduit should I use and what radius size?

jeremysterling

I just finished running some 4" EMT for another contractor to install some fiber optic cable. I asked if I could use LB's and the answer was no. I asked for the minimum depth of pull box and was told 12".
I used CT cans for pull boxes. The CT cans were 30X30X12. Hope this helps.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I am installing a conduit for a customer to get cable to their building for internet. I would like to allow for future expansion to fiber in the same conduit. What size conduit should I use and what radius size?

they gonna do innerduct? normally, you can put three innerducts in a 4" conduit...

a 4" 90 being 24" radius, you should be good.... but i wouldn't go under 24" radius
on any bends....

iMuse97

we are pulling a backbone in 1 inch conduit bent on the 555 shoe for 2 inch. This is just to come down from the overhead line to the termination. If you need to run conduit the whole way, you really have to watch your bend radius, running oversized conduit, with oversized radii, and probably want no more than 180deg. bends between pull points. Fiber can take a radius of 8-10 inches installed, but the real kicker is the pulling tension around those bends--that's why you want to maximize your straight runs, and install enough pull boxes.

Jhaney

the minimum bending radius or fiber cable is 10 times cable diameter under no load, and 20 times cable diameter under load.
I am now requesting 4" conducts because the innerduct we are getting in has an o.d. of 1 1/4 inches which will allow me 3 innerducts, with room to spare for any bends.
I request all 90's be sweeping 90's (36 inches or greater), no LB's due to bend radius stated above but a 12 deep pull box as listed in previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.