Regeneration system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcwilson

scam.

Vars cannot be changed into watts.

Battery charging and discharging will use up more energy. My guess is this is just a UPS system with controls adjusted to correct the power factor at the service and make the home owner beleive he is getting something for nothing. Similar to the energy saving power factor correction capacitors that "prove" they save watts by reading ammeters.

jumper

scam.

Vars cannot be changed into watts.

Battery charging and discharging will use up more energy. My guess is this is just a UPS system with controls adjusted to correct the power factor at the service and make the home owner beleive he is getting something for nothing. Similar to the energy saving power factor correction capacitors that "prove" they save watts by reading ammeters.

My guess also.

rcwilson

Their spec sheet has errors. The 8000 W ouput inverter is listed as 98% efficient with losses at no load and full load of 2 watts. 98% efficient means 2% losses. 2% x 8000W = 160W. Their figure is off by 8,000%.

But I think I will buy one. I can get a surplus 10 KVAR cap bank I could use for reactive power and spin my meter backwards all day. I'll even sell shares in my new power plant. I'll let 10 of you each buy 25%.

It could be a good product as an inverter for a solar array, using solar PV output to charge the batteries, but I diidn't see anything about its compatibility with solar cells. Can it adjust the DC voltage/current to get optimum output like good PV inverters? It would have to have a controller for the PV DC input and another charger/controller for the battery DC bus. If you live in a high outage area, it might make sense to be able to continue running your Xbox and laptop during an outage; but only if you're a computer design whiz like my neighbors, making $1,000 an hour designing games and other things beneficial to our society.

kwired

Electron manager
The energy flow animation at the bottom of the page does not show what matters the most.

How many kWhr of electric power is used per unit of fuel input to the generator?

Reactive power doesn't mean a whole lot in the animation that is there to most people. It simply circulates kind of like what is shown. If anything using the inverter from the battery allows the generator to rest when the load is low which is when the generator is the least fuel efficient. If the supply is from a utility I don't think it will save a dime.

T

T.M.Haja Sahib

So is this product economical or an idiot design?
One question:
The inverter produces AC output on DC input.But can it really produce DC ,if AC is applied on the output side?
From the company ad,it appears it can.
Now,proceed as follows.

Make a call to the company and tell them you as a representative from Mikeholt forum members want to test their claim.If they agree,tell them to connect a suitable oscilloscope in one of the battery leads connected to the D.C bus in their product.

If the reactive energy could indeed flow back to charge the battery in their product,then it would show up in the oscilloscope for the duration of reactive energy flow.

If you can observe this to happen,congratulate them for their invention on our behalf.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
One question:
The inverter produces AC output on DC input.But can it really produce DC ,if AC is applied on the output side?
From the company ad,it appears it can.
Now,proceed as follows.

Make a call to the company and tell them you as a representative from Mikeholt forum members want to test their claim.If they agree,tell them to connect a suitable oscilloscope in one of the battery leads connected to the D.C bus in their product.

If the reactive energy could indeed flow back to charge the battery in their product,then it would show up in the oscilloscope for the duration of reactive energy flow.

If you can observe this to happen,congratulate them for their invention on our behalf.

What would a pattern confirming their claim look like? If it's DC, then there won't be any way to ID which part of the increase in voltage is due to VARS on the AC side, as there would be no phase shift. They would have had to have figured out how to charge a DC battery with AC for this to work, would they not?

Of course it's a scam.

If ANY of these free energy devices worked, you would never see an advertisement as the company would be too busy trying to keep up with demand and advertising would be a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.