Generac standby generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Guns

If anyone has come across my pronblem I would appreciate the help, I just installed a 17KW generac guardian series generator and after activating unit everything check out except when putting unit in the auto mode and the utility power is on the display keeps saying utility loss when utiliy power is on, so the generator is always going on, WHY ???

generator

generator

not real sure but maybe check all your connections, especially factory wired that monitors the utility power. if no luck call a dealer because generac will not talk trouble shooting unless you are a authorized dealer atleast thats what they say to me.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
As previously mentioned check the fuses. Also, there is a manual transfer feature built into the transfer switch. Make sure it's in the automatic position (I believe that's up). Aside from the power output wires from the generator did you run 6 # 14's between the transfer switch and the generator and are they properly landed on both ends? I know this sounds like a stupid question but some guys mess this up. The wires are easy to land on the transfer switch side but those European style clamping terminals on the generator are a PITA. Go back into the generator wiring compartment and make sure they didn't fall our and make sure you can't pull them out. They should be in there snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.