LED Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Hello LED experts,

I was wondering if someone would kindly tell me whether or not having a standard 120volt led lamp flash on for 2 - seconds and off for 4 - seconds continuously will lower the lifespan of the bulb. Sylvania has an 8-watt A-Line series lamp that I would like to use in a fixture that will flash continuously 24/7/365.

There are 3 - lamps per fixture and each one takes turn coming on 2 - seconds at a time.

Also, the fixture is totally enclosed so there is no venting for heat issues that might occur. The manufacturer states that these lamps are not rated for totally enclosed fixtures however this is a huge fixture about 36" long and 12" wide. The fixture is in an air conditioned environment.

Thanks for the great help.

Ravenvalor

Go for it. Vegas has been using LEDs for years in all those flashing signs they have up and down the strip.

If the CRI and asthetics is unimportant you can snag cheap lights from LEDTronics to do the trick. Something like this seems like it would work for your application: http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/ProductsDetails.aspx?WP=619

Thanks, I put some Sylvania A-Line 8 watt lamps in there today. Was not much heat ouptput.

Ravenvalor

Good for you. This energy efficiency expert applauds you. :)

It felt good knowing I am going to save the customer alot of money in the long run. I figure if the cycling does not decrease the life span, the lamps may last 5 - years. I am hoping to get 5 - years out of the semiconductor chaser also.

Best To You,

Status
Not open for further replies.