Receptacle near Eye wash station

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
It's not that I wouldn't install a GFCI, it is just my opinion that the code does not require one. In industrial installations, I don't install any receptacles that are not GFCI protected, as almost any use of the receptacle would require the user to have GFCI protection.

kwired

Electron manager
...just finished connecting flow switches to a boat load of these eye wash/shower stations, keep that in mind when '' 'washing hands' and setting off alarms.

Frequent use should be desirable to keep fresher water in the lines, nothing like having an eye washing emergency and the wash water is more contaminating than the reason for the wash in the first place. But then where were the safety goggles that were supposed to be used in the first place:angel:

hurk27

Frequent use should be desirable to keep fresher water in the lines, nothing like having an eye washing emergency and the wash water is more contaminating than the reason for the wash in the first place. But then where were the safety goggles that were supposed to be used in the first place:angel:

using safety goggles when washing ones eyes out would kind of defeat the purpose wouldn't it?:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.