Tennessee Electric Chair on TV. SER to DISCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
Just watched a MSNBC documentary about death row. And they showed the control room for the electric chair. And they show the transformer and the disco. Anyway there is SER or SEU or something connecting the disco. both the feeder coming in and also from the trans. What gives. How can that be code?

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Just watched a MSNBC documentary about death row. And they showed the control room for the electric chair. And they show the transformer and the disco. Anyway there is SER or SEU or something connecting the disco. both the feeder coming in and also from the trans. What gives. How can that be code?
Very few users of this device have complained about the wiring.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
Inside an institution. Exposed. The trans and the disco were inside the control room/viewing booth.

Fused 480V disco BTW.

Although I think that booth is only for the executioner, maybe guards

I keep thinking "State Electrician" lol

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Inside an institution. Exposed. The trans and the disco were inside the control room/viewing booth.

Fused 480V disco BTW.

Although I think that booth is only for the executioner, maybe guards

I keep thinking "State Electrician" lol

Rember that cable is good for 600 volts.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Do you think the person in the control room of the electric chair is a, "Qualified Electrician"

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician

Up to the AHJ whether it is subject to physical damage or not.

Funny comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.