Motion sensor strobe lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I have a customer who wants to install strobe lights on a motion sensor. He's thinking about seven locations throughout his animal hospital. Is this common? He wants to disorient a burglar.

I'm assuming he'll want to be able to have his staff turn them all on before they close shop. Or maybe they should be on based on darkness. Do strobe lights trip a photocell?

My ideas are to have one switch to turn on multiple motion sensors, or to have X10 type controls in each area switched on by photocell switches.

growler

I have a customer who wants to install strobe lights on a motion sensor. He's thinking about seven locations throughout his animal hospital. Is this common? He wants to disorient a burglar.

Will there be music?
Might I suggest a disco classic from the Bee Gee's?

If someone is burglarizing an animal hospital they are probably their for the drugs so a strobe lights is not going to bother them much. But Disco music that might get them to run away. :happyyes:

jaylectricity

Occupation
Yeah, I know, it's kind of funny. It was his dad's idea. I could use the work so I'm gonna go through with it and do something. Plus he has some legitimate stuff like fluorescent lights and stuff. He's a good customer, I've been doing work for him for 8 years or so.

jaylectricity

Occupation
If someone is burglarizing an animal hospital they are probably their for the drugs so a strobe lights is not going to bother them much. But Disco music that might get them to run away. :happyyes:

Actually, if they're there for the drug you'd find at an animal hospital, they might just start dancing and doing puppet shows for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.