New Job Has Caused Some Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Crusher

... If you truly enjoy being in any trade, working with people you can't get along with will change that.

I disagree with that. I love being an electrician and you will always work with someone you don't like, are smarter then, are not as smart as, is lazier then you, a harder worker then you, blah, blah, blah...
If you love the trade and love being an electrician, the rest just seems trivial.
IMO
:thumbsup:

kwired

Electron manager
I disagree with that. I love being an electrician and you will always work with someone you don't like, are smarter then, are not as smart as, is lazier then you, a harder worker then you, blah, blah, blah...
If you love the trade and love being an electrician, the rest just seems trivial.
IMO
:thumbsup:

Yes but even when you are the boss you get tired of putting up with them and it makes enjoyment of the trade a different experience than if you did not have to put up with them. You can love what you do but hate who you have to do it with. That means it is time for a change or you will eventually hate everything about what you do.

I remember back in college in a career composition class (learning to write resumes and interviewing for jobs) the instructor mentioned the fact that an employer can't refuse to hire on discrimination because of sex, race, religion, etc. stuff we have all heard, and the fact that you can prosecute them and even be awarded the job. Then his next point was if you did get the job that way do you really think you will enjoy having the job?

resistance

You can love what you do but hate who you have to do it with. That means it is time for a change or you will eventually hate everything about what you do.
Exactly!!! This is why I started my own company. Too much politics: Favoritism, brown noisers, lazy lazy lazy journeyman, racism, etc etc.. Strangely enough, when I got my j-man card, I had to work extra hard, when others spent time smoking cigarettes. Note: If you are one of those, then you should be fired, and any company owner letting people do this should be ashamed!!! :thumbsdown:

I should note, that this wasn’t the experience at one company I worked for. The owner was great!!! But, it was a very small company Under 6 employees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.