Separate structures, disconnects, electrodes & panels oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Bet you had to test those frozzen drink machines too, I mean you have to make sure they work:lol:

LOL, not when we did the install, but last Summer I went to a Tom Petty concert there, my wife came back with a frozen drink for both of us, for $16 to $18 each they really were not good at all. But they serve them in a plastic cup shaped like a guitar. :roll:

They had me work one concert night to do current readings on all their feeders, while working I got a coke and a small fry, that was like $12.00.

They finally stopped using us because they said we charged to much and would not cut enough corners (Can't you run cord for that? Our stage electrician says you can. What do you mean the bathroom emergency lighting needs replacement?)

But it was fun working there, we were pulling circuits under the roof while Black Sabbath jammed for about 2 hours. Saw a lot of bands doing sound checks, got to see Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas up close, she is a hot little thing but would not have noticed me if I was on fire. :D

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Is that EMT going into the dirt ?
Is that a nema 1 enclosure installed outdoors?
Is that an 1 1/4" minie on the bottom and a 1" on top?
Is the Jouneyman right handed and the apprentice left handed?
Had to ask since the bolts are installed in opposite directions in the straps,,,,

:)

jap

Occupation
Electrician
Never mind,,,,, post #13 asked all the questions that came to my mind right off hand
,,,, i just didnt see it.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
If I built a dog house around this would you then say it needed a disconnect?

I say yes,,,,, well in some instances anyway,,,,,
Last winter,My brilliant cousin put a heat lamp ( in his doghouse) on the end of a long extenson cord and ran it through the window and plugged it in,inside the house.
One night his dog chewed through the cord.
Had there of been a readily available means of disconnect at the doghouse,,,, "Dauber" could have thrown the switch himself instead of having to wait on my cousin to get out of bed and look out,to see what all the comotion was about.
"Dauber" survived, but to this day he wont eat a "Slim Jim" if you offer it to him.
It looks too much like what he bit into last winter. :)

iwire

Staff member
Did you derate or upsize the conductors for conduit fill containing 5 branch circuits?

Rick

Yes, it is a long run so I had to up size for that anyway.

Besides, copper is different in Massachusetts our derating rules are less harsh than the NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.