Whats the code say about how far to strap pipe from a panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I couldn't find anything but i have also forgot what the code defines as panel. 3ft?

Look in the section that covers the particular raceway you are installing. Most of them are 3', most flexible raceways and cables is 1'.

A panelboard is (my own condensed definition) an assembly containing overcurrent devices, busses, etc. The panelboard is installed within a "cabinet".

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Usually the code states ".... should be securely fastened in place every "X feet". In addition each run between termination points shall be securely fastened within x' of each outlet box, jb, device box, cabinet, conduit body..." A panel would be a cabinet in this case.

Eddy Current

Usually the code states ".... should be securely fastened in place every "X feet". In addition each run between termination points shall be securely fastened within x' of each outlet box, jb, device box, cabinet, conduit body..." A panel would be a cabinet in this case.

Ok, also there is the secured on four sides thing.

liquidtite

depends on what type of conduit you are using emt shal be securely fastened in place at every 10ft in addition each emt run between termination points shall be securely fastened within 3ft of each outletbox,jbox,dbox,cabeinet,conduitbody, [securing and supporting 358.30 emt

liquidtite

when you want to know how far a conduit has to be secured you got to that type of conduit and go to securly fasened rmc 3 ft as well do you have a code book?

Status
Not open for further replies.