Cable in Ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
I have a client that would like to have a circuit on the other side of a room in his concrete condo. He would like to embed the new circuit cable in the
concrete ceiling. Can this be done and if so how?

ritelec

Use conduit?............further expansion if needed?

Can this be done and how?

Concrete saw...........channel............

Did a job doing this once. Me and my toothpick arms cold not hold the saw cutting over my head.
Thank goodness for my brother.........He Was An Animal that day.......!!!!!!

Note: Very dusty and fumes from saw are strong, and watch for other embedded conduits ands circuits..........although the sparks are pretty if you hit them. (Extra note, watch for anything that may be embedded..ac,plumbing,lv)

Have fun!

Last edited:

ritelec

My client needs a single 120V, 20A circut on the other side of the room.

Kinda understood that from your first post.

Even if you do not want conduit for the "single" circuit, this will help as not to sag or shift as a cable may when patching..........also, I didn't look it up but,
as infinity asked, what cable?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I have a client that would like to have a circuit on the other side of a room in his concrete condo. He would like to embed the new circuit cable in the
concrete ceiling. Can this be done and if so how?

I wouldn't touch a concrete structural ceiling without engineering supervision. And when I see condo, concrete ceiling and Florida in the same sentence I think post-tension construction. Why not consider furring and drywall for the ceiling and then you could run all kinds of things.

ritelec

I was thinking what texie mentioned..(not the engineering) to drop the ceiling, but that also seems alot for 1 circuit. Maybe also look from an aspect of a near wall...............

Run surface mount ...........hide in corners............what's the existing wiring method...........is there a possibility something (a spare or open conduit) is close to the target point.........?

Hey, I know....an extension chord and duct tape.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.