Load Diversity of 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

dronai

Where is table B-310-11 ? I am studying a practice test NEC 2008, but I only have a 2011 Nec book. Is there a new location of this table ?

When there is a load diversity of 50% the derating factor for eleven current carrying conductors in a raceway over 24" long is _____ percent ?

For the life of me I can't find the place to work this one out

resistance

Wow, i didn’t even know that was there. Noted: Load diversity. Sorry dronai!!!

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Thx how about in the 2011 ? I don't see a table with that reference number ?
Table B.310.15(B)(2)(11) on page 743. Note that this table was in the actual code for one cycle, but no one knows what "50% load diversity" means, so for the next code cycle it was moved to Annex B.

dronai

Table B.310.15(B)(2)(11) on page 743. Note that this table was in the actual code for one cycle, but no one knows what "50% load diversity" means, so for the next code cycle it was moved to Annex B.

Ahh there it is !!!! much thanks.

Can't find a definition, but it sounds like it could mean either inductive and resistive ? continuous with non continuous, or how about mixed voltages under 600v sharing the same conduit ?

Last edited:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
...Can't find a definition, but it sounds like it could mean either inductive and resistive ? continuous with non continuous, or how about mixed voltages under 600v sharing the same conduit ?
It has to do with the actual loading of the conductors...each conductor loaded to %50, %50 of the conductors loaded to %100, only %50 of the conductors loaded at a time? There was extensive debate in the TCR (old term for ROP) and TCD (old term for ROC) and no agreement was reached so it was removed from the code.

jumper

What exam prep materiel are you using?

That table is really only for EEs and such.

B.310.15(B)(1) Equation Application Information. This
informative annex provides application information for ampacities
calculated under engineering supervision.

resistance

What exam prep materiel are you using?

That table is really only for EEs and such.

B.310.15(B)(1) Equation Application Information. This
informative annex provides application information for ampacities
calculated under engineering supervision.
Now I see why I didn?t know it existed?I had no reason to use it. :cool:

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
Since you are taking a test that presumably influences your income - I'd think it is important to have a copy of the 2008.

You can download a copy of the 2008 NEC for $80.55.
http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=7008SB&icid=B484

Or view online. There are some sites that say they are legal, but the moderators do not allow referencing the link. And there are some that are from the NFPA - others can give this one, I don't know what they (it) are (is).

Just a thought

ice

Status
Not open for further replies.