Ideas for Bath Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I have a customer that would like to add some lights to their bath(s).
They currently only have an overhead light in with the fan.
They have cabinets above the vanity, similar to kitchen cabinets, and really wanted lights on or above the cabinets. There isn't really anywhere to mount lights on the cabinets. But there is room above the cabinets, as they don't go all the way to the ceiling.
Is there some type of light that could mount to the top and hang over to light the vanity? Maybe something that would go up and then arch over.

Anyone have any suggestions on lights for this? They are open to just some can lights if that's what I have to do.
A link would also be helpful if anyone has any.

Gac66610

what would they say to pendant light(s)

could build or have a trim carpenter build, a box that will fit on top of the cabinet, or inside the top of cabinet tall enough to cut in a re mod box to hang a goose neck light
just make sure it won't hang too low letting the doors hit the glass, or too high to rub the ceiling

i did a search for medicine cabinet lights, good ideas there also:)

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
what would they say to pendant light(s)

could build or have a trim carpenter build, a box that will fit on top of the cabinet, or inside the top of cabinet tall enough to cut in a re mod box to hang a goose neck light
just make sure it won't hang too low letting the doors hit the glass, or too high to rub the ceiling

i did a search for medicine cabinet lights, good ideas there also:)

They're pretty much open to anything if they can't find something for the cabinet top or above.

ritelec

There isn't really anywhere to mount lights on the cabinets. But there is room above the cabinets, as they don't go all the way to the ceiling.
Is there some type of light that could mount to the top and hang over to light the vanity? Maybe something that would go up and then arch over.

Anyone have any suggestions on lights for this? They are open to just some can lights if that's what I have to do.

A little construction (as did for my cousin with a surface mounted vanity). A soffit straight up from top of cabinet to ceiling. Mount vanity light on vertical of built soffit as normal.

ritelec

Did you do the soffit out of drywall?

Yes...... (In my yard) 2x4 construction (about 2'x 7'), placed 2 plastic rounds (double sink), drywall cut and ready to go.

Brought to the house, lagged to the wall, installed drywall with rough coat spackle....wall paper...hang fixtures....arggg......................

I need to right a hit song.

Status
Not open for further replies.