3/4" or 1" EMT ELBOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Evidently it is. Does it need to be short radius before it can be called an elbow? I have heard them called "sweeps" or "sweep elbows"

In my locale, a 'sweep' is a factory bend. Usually a 90. If we are doing the bending, the bends are just referred to by their degrees. 'Elbow' is almost never used by electricians and when they do use it they usually mean a fitting, not a bent pipe.

kwired

Electron manager
In my locale, a 'sweep' is a factory bend. Usually a 90. If we are doing the bending, the bends are just referred to by their degrees. 'Elbow' is almost never used by electricians and when they do use it they usually mean a fitting, not a bent pipe.

If you ask a new apprentice to get you a sweep - he might come back with a broom:)

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
What I said was that if you see a job where they used nothing but straight pipe and pulling ells instead of bending elbows then you know the installer was good at using a hack saw and not a bender. Why would you think that I meant they were using pulling ells instead of elbows to go around an outside corner. :?

Whatever. We are somehow not hitting the same page at the same time. We will try some other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.