Transformer OCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question reads:A panelboard supplied by a transformer A)a set of fuses overcurrent protection determined by multiplying the secondary conductor ampacity by the secondary to primary transformer voltage ratio.B)Overcurrent protection on the secondary side of the transformer not greater than the panelboard rating.C)inherent thermal protection of the transformer.D)6 sets of fuses having combined rating not greater than the panelboard rating. I read 408.36 B and decided B to be my primary selection but do you think anything else makes any sense.I do know that from 450.3 theres conditions that allow the protection to be on the primary of the transformer.

pete m.

I think you are on the right track since I read the question as asking for panelboard protection instead of transformer protection.

Pete

Smart $

Esteemed Member
The question reads:A panelboard supplied by a transformer A)a set of fuses overcurrent protection determined by multiplying the secondary conductor ampacity by the secondary to primary transformer voltage ratio.B)Overcurrent protection on the secondary side of the transformer not greater than the panelboard rating.C)inherent thermal protection of the transformer.D)6 sets of fuses having combined rating not greater than the panelboard rating. I read 408.36 B and decided B to be my primary selection but do you think anything else makes any sense.I do know that from 450.3 theres conditions that allow the protection to be on the primary of the transformer.
Could actually be all. Not enough info to make that determination, nor is there an "all" choice. Usually with such questions, you should disregard any Exceptions in making the desired choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.