The Best Most Affordable SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfman56

SEO encompasses everything, layout, keywords, URL, page names, and more. It is very dependent on the design of the whole site. It is impossible to take an existing site and then apply SEO, and get the most affect. Many SEO companies are not very honest, they promise page one, but that's when your name is in the search. Sure you will get page one, IF YOUR NAME IS USED AS A KEYWORD! But a future customer doesn't know your name yet! They will only use a generic search term that they are familiar with.

I don't have the $$ to hire a website company or SEO. So for a few bucks I bought a book on how to make first page on Google. Then I bought Microsoft Expressions web software and a how to book. I read the book, and learned the software. It took all summer. I built a website for myself that stands right up next to the big boys for several key words.

It was well worth the time spent!! Now I add to it and do updates for free, and the cost for the hosting and URL is less than $100 per year. I also made a few bucks making websites for friends.

If you typed in, ELECTRICIAN VANCOUVER WASHINGTON, I am second in line after the paid ads.
If you type in, TROUBLESHOOT ELECTRIC VANCOUVER WASHINGTON, I take the first THREE listings after the paid ads.
And more.

The site is definitely pulling in work!

Don't be afraid to do it yourself!

RW

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
SEO encompasses everything, layout, keywords, URL, page names, and more. It is very dependent on the design of the whole site. It is impossible to take an existing site and then apply SEO, and get the most affect. Many SEO companies are not very honest, they promise page one, but that's when your name is in the search. Sure you will get page one, IF YOUR NAME IS USED AS A KEYWORD! But a future customer doesn't know your name yet! They will only use a generic search term that they are familiar with.

I don't have the $$ to hire a website company or SEO. So for a few bucks I bought a book on how to make first page on Google. Then I bought Microsoft Expressions web software and a how to book. I read the book, and learned the software. It took all summer. I built a website for myself that stands right up next to the big boys for several key words.

It was well worth the time spent!! Now I add to it and do updates for free, and the cost for the hosting and URL is less than $100 per year. I also made a few bucks making websites for friends.

If you typed in, ELECTRICIAN VANCOUVER WASHINGTON, I am second in line after the paid ads.
If you type in, TROUBLESHOOT ELECTRIC VANCOUVER WASHINGTON, I take the first THREE listings after the paid ads.
And more.

The site is definitely pulling in work!

Don't be afraid to do it yourself!

RW

ok, what is the name of that book you found useful?
i'm using sandvox for my web site, so i can make the thing into whatever i want....

now.... that book?

wolfman56

The book was; Get to the top on Google, by David Viney. Look for a newer addition, or something newer because Google and others are always evolving. But the basic concepts I learned in this book will never change so it's still very helpful.

RW

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
In my opinion, when I look at paying someone $350 per month for SEO , I look at how much it will bring back ROI, even if I get one call I can make that $350. Is it worth my time to do SEO if I don't know the tricks of the trade, I think not. When I invest in a service I always look at the ROI, not how much I am spending.

Of course this is my opinion only.

wolfman56

In my opinion, when I look at paying someone $350 per month for SEO , I look at how much it will bring back ROI, even if I get one call I can make that $350. Is it worth my time to do SEO if I don't know the tricks of the trade, I think not. When I invest in a service I always look at the ROI, not how much I am spending.

It makes good sense to consider ROI. That's what business is all about. Using the same model as above consider this. If you have an advertising budget of say 15% of sales then $350 per month would have to bring in at least $2,350 in sales every month to be worth it. That's just under $600 every week, without fail, even if there was no work that week from the website. In this economy that's possible. Advertising can wipe out a business if one does not carefully watch to see if the ROI is high enough to be worth it.

My son and I do the work, therefore we do not depend on a high volume. Last summer work was very slow so I had more time then money, it was a good investment to do this. Even if we have a really bad month now, the website costs me next to nothing. The low overhead makes me more competitive so I can win a greater percentage of the quotes I give out.

RW

Status
Not open for further replies.