It's Friday..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Yes, but it's listed as EEW.

scratch-1.gif

newservice

Is there a neutral feeding the panel? Don't know if I'm not seeing or it or if it's not there.

Also, can somebody explain to me the 4-pole main breaker?

On a picky violation note, my guess is that panel is rated for that many double breakers to go with all those full size breakers.

Looks like a GE main breaker and panel circa 1988. They used to put these in 200A panels and I think they still do. Never a big fan of them. Note that the branch breakers are CH :angel:

kwired

Electron manager
Yes, but it's listed as EEW.

To run EMT on the surface around the living room is eew.

To run emt on surface of a concrete wall in an unfinished basement looks like a professional installed it vs trying to find a way to attach NM cable for the same purpose.

I use EMT in dwellings all the time. Not as primary wiring method for the entire dwelling, just in those occasional places where it may be better than stringing NM cable.

If nobody cares about the look it works great in old homes in say second floor bedrooms where it is difficult and time consuming to try to fish cables to where desired outlet locations are and cost is much less than surface metal raceway.
Keep it low and right next to base trim and it doesn't even get noticed too much.

newservice

Is there a neutral feeding the panel? Don't know if I'm not seeing or it or if it's not there.

On a picky violation note, my guess is that panel is rated for that many double breakers to go with all those full size breakers.

Looks like a GE main breaker and panel circa 1988. They used to put these in 200A panels and I think they still do. Never a big fan of them.

newservice

Looks like a GE main breaker and panel circa 1988. They used to put these in 200A panels and I think they still do. The neutral is right there is just taped white.

kwired

Electron manager
The only non approved breaker in that panel from what I can see is the Homeline breaker.

Main breaker is not four pole (might be built like it is) it is a listed two pole assembly. There is a difference between paralleling 2 - two pole assemblies in the field and using this listed 2 pole assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.