Underground UF install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Had to bid a job with 350' of 12/2 UF (direct burial install).Got prices from 2 different companies both slit type install(no trenching) they supply the wire. One was 1.95 ft, the other was 2.10.The terrain is grass with a gradual slope down to a lake. Does this seem high? I know it's been quite some time since I paid for UG install but for some reason a buck a ft for trenching seems to be what I remember. Thanks.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Had to bid a job with 350' of 12/2 UF (direct burial install).Got prices from 2 different companies both slit type install(no trenching) they supply the wire. One was 1.95 ft, the other was 2.10.The terrain is grass with a gradual slope down to a lake. Does this seem high? I know it's been quite some time since I paid for UG install but for some reason a buck a ft for trenching seems to be what I remember. Thanks.

Wire has gone up quite a bit for quite some time...

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
does not sound all that high to me, i remember $1/f but also remember $.25, if a machine rents for $100 would I want to do it for $350 including UF? Maybe but i hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.